S. Walter Packaging is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. To apply to the jobs below, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title as the email subject.
Print Shop Manager
About S. Walter
S. Walter Packaging headquartered in northeast Philadelphia, has over 100 years of expertise and is one of the largest retail packaging companies, with creative packaging, innovative branding ideas and timely distribution.
About the Position
S. Walter Packaging is looking for a Print Shop Manager to oversee the daily operations of the Print Shop and ensure the efficient and effective use of resources in scheduling, and completion of assigned projects. The candidate will be quality minded with experience in Hot Stamping and Flexographic printing. Printing is on paper and plastic bags and gift boxes. The ideal candidate will be a hands on manager, who can work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Effectively coordinate, schedule and facilitate Hot Stamping and Flexographic printing.
- Ensure that operation has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.).
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Supervise the work of employees and communicate with staff regarding print questions.
- Supervise seasoned print shop leads.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned printing projects are being produced to meet quality standards and are delivered on time.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience with hot stamp and ink printing required.
- Ability to precisely follow designs, drawings, and layouts, and make recommendations to print layout.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to peak volume and rushed orders while maintaining a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- ERP/computer experience required.